Awesome weekend with an awful ending

What do you feel after hearing curse words for two hours in a worse weather trip going back home?

I'm SICK of it!
And I just wanted it to be ended pretty soon, got to Lawrence as soon as I could! Arg!

I went to NYC this three days, from Sunday through Tuesday, visiting my dad. He had business trip there and I just wanted to get off from school for few days, hehe :p

Sunday: I did not sleep the night before and was really tired the whole day. But, finally I met my dad with his friends. And guess what? They picked me up with Cadillac Escalade, wow! A big car for a little girl, hehe :p Then, we had lunch at Indonesian Restaurant called, Minang Asli. It was really good! I had Batagor and Spicy Fish (Ikan Balado). Yummm! And at night, I met my really old-and-long-time-no-see friend, Sharon! :) The last time we were together was 5th grade! OMG! We went to "Rice to Riches," it's a rice pudding place. Oh, it's super delish! And we headed out to Times Square!! Pretty flashy! ;p Then, I got lost on the way home from Subway Terminal. Duh?

Monday: I woke up (kind of) late and had "lontong and sayur nangka, plus opor telur-tahu" for breakfast. Ah, another heaven food! Then, we went to Hariman, factory outlet, for a whole day. It was fun! I bought so many shoes, since my dad was with me, hehe :D After that, we went to Korean restaurant and had a pretty authentic Korean dish which reminded me of my bestie, Hyunji. Ah, I miss her. Next, I met Michelle, my senior in Junior High, with her co-worker, and had dinner together. Then, I got lost *again* from Subway Terminal to home. Arg, why was it so hard to get way home?

Tuesday: I woke up (pretty) late! And had to pack up my stuff to go back to Lawrence. But, my goal for that day was: I have to go to Ground Zero! And I did make it :) Makes me happy! I had yellow rice "nasi kuning" for my brunch and ran to Subway Terminal, took Subway to Ground Zero. Thank God I got Subway E, which is the Express one to go to WTC. I got off from the terminal and first thing of my goals: go to St. Paul's Chapel, and I did! I was pretty overwhelmed to go to the inside of the chapel that was the only building that did not have any damages during 9/11. When I got to the inside, I just could feel my own emotion and my eyes almost burst into tears! After looking around, I decided just going to Ground Zero museum, just in case maybe they have it. Well, it cost money and time, so I just told myself not going to the inside. Oh, and I saw my dad's office, so I called the office and Mr. Dudi (the driver) helped me to get in and I met my dad over there! :)

Then, I left NYC for Lawrence. On the second flight, I sat with this old man who was a Psychology prof and kept talking to me, while at that time I was trying to study for my exam today ;p But, it was fun and good to get to know him. He's pretty nice! :)

I was landed at Kansas City and got text from B. He asked for terminal. So, I met him and at that time, I was not ready for a long trip back to Lawrence. First, I made him a bad mood 'cos he looked like that he was high, but he kept telling me he hadn't smoked (with an angry tone at the end). Then, awkward silent between us and I said sorry. Second, he missed the sign. Third, he missed it again. Fourth, his new IPhone was dying and that's the only GPS we had. Fifth, he was cursing the whole time about everything. Sixth, I was just so quite the whole time and really wished we could be at Lawrence like right now. Seventh, I gave him a weird hug and I felt so dumb. So for two hours, it was just curse words up in the air and it ended up with awful hug. What a night!

And I'm planning to give him IPhone car charger and gas card 'cos I felt really bad of last night. But ya, that's my story for tonight. And now I have to finish studying for my exam in 7 hours. Wish me luck!



P.S. Oh, I had the same birthday as B's younger brother, "The Red Hair" one. He's the cutest! :) He's going to be 8 this year! :)

Comments

Popular Posts