This Halloween, E and I dressed up as "Chips and Salsa". We made our own costume and it's so much fun!
 |
| Chips and Salsa :) |
It is super easy and simple!! Also, it's a lot faster if you have a sewing machine. Since I don't have sewing machine, I did it by hand :) I bought everything at Hobby Lobby, but you can also buy them at any fabric/craft stores. Alright, so what you need are for salsa costume:
- 1 foot yellow fabric ($ 0.99)
- Yellow ribbon ($ 3.99)
- Fabric marker (~ $ 6.50 -7.00)
- Something round to make the 'jar lid': I found my plastic round-looking thing from the ceramic aisle ($ 2.99) and a small red fabric ($ 0.99). You can also use felt and cut a circle of it.
- Scissor, thread, and needle or sewing machine.
- Hot glue gun.
- Red t-shirt
For chips you need:
- 1/2 foot burlap ($ 1.32)
- Twine ($4.99 for a huge amount of it! We just need couple inches)
- Sombrero
- Old white t-shirt
- Fabric marker
- Additional: 'stache! :)
First, you measure your chest area (under your pit) and around, and also your hips and around. You can see the picture above. I added 2-4 inches just in case I did something wrong. Because I wanted it to look nice, I sewed the edge of it by hand.
 |
| I sewed the edge of the fabric |
Then, I drew two chili peppers and wrote 'Salsa' on the yellow fabric.
Since I wanted to wear it like a corset, I made holes on the top and both of the sides of the fabric. After that, I put the yellow ribbon going in and out the holes :) You can see the finish product below.
 |
| Ribbon going in and out the holes |
 |
| Look look! |
 |
| Finish product! |
When I wrapped it on my body, I tied a knot on the top, then at the back, I just did it like putting shoe lace on a shoe, cross the lace over another. For the hat, I hot-glued the red fabric on the plastic round-looking thing (I don't know the name of it) and cut the fabric following the edge of the plastic. After that, I hot-glued my headband so I could wear it on my head :)
 |
| Hot glue everything! |
 |
| The hat! |
For the chips, E just cut the burlap into small triangles and made a chips necklace out of it. He also cut two big triangles and hot-glued them to the t-shirt and wrote chips on it. He added sombrero and 'stache just for fun! :)
 |
| Here's our costume! |
And that's all! How easy is that? And now you can make your own Chips and Salsa costumes! :)

Comments
Post a Comment
TADA!