Impatient = Trend of Life?


I know I promised to write about my Urbana experience, but this time, it is more important than that. It is about what God has taught me yesterday.

I had a pledge meeting at 7pm last night. FYI, I was accepted as a member of Engineering Fraternity at KU. Back to the story, but, before that, I had to be at Union. So I drove to Engineering building and looked for a luck to find a parking spot. It was during peak hour when people usually got off or trying to be on campus. And my fear came: no parking spot. Yes, there was no parking spots at all at the big parking area and I did not want to park beside Engineering building because I got a ticket before to park before 7:30pm. So what did I do? Driving around the parking area, and begging to get a spot.

Unluckily, everytime I saw an empty spot, somebody got it first, even though I had my signal to let him/her know I was going to park over there. I got really impatient and it took me almost 20-25mins just to find a spot! It made me coming late to the pledge meeting. And literally, there was one point when this car was going out, and because there were two cars, I let the other car to get it and I told God, "Alright God, I am done!" So I drove back to my apartment, and parked there.

What does God want me to learn from this experience? Being patient.
I am a person who could not stand if something is going wrong in my life. I am impatient. I want everything to be perfect which makes me to rush everything I do. This is really bad. And now, God challenged me with this experience that I had to be patient. Everything has a process and can not go instantly. Especially in this time, I want my grade to be perfect, or I want someone perfect to fulfill my life. NO, it's not as easy as push the EASY button in our life. It reminds me with the bible verse:
There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven
~Eccl 3:1
Yes, I know it is not challenging, but I have to be in that process. And yes, I am up for everything God changes in my life and yes, I give it up for Him.

Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts