Crazy Weekend with a Peaceful Palm Sunday

I had a wonderful weekend, except that I had lack of sleep on Friday night. Erik had a jazz concert on Wednesday and it was a blast! He played really well and seemed like everyone loved the songs that his combo played. I came almost at 8, even though the concert had started at 7, haha. However, it worthed and I always love watching my baby play his bass. 

My baby and "Maria", his love a.k.a. bass since 7th grade.

On Friday, I had Relay for Life. It's fun, but I didn't sleep for the entire night. Relay for life has been a memorable moment for me and Erik. Last year, we had a misunderstanding that lead us to a big problem (this is the story), but... it ended with a happiness start :) During the event, I slept for an hour and taught Zumba at 5 in the morning. Thank God it was just for a half an hour. It was super fun, but I was super tired at the same time. I ended up slept at 6:30 in the morning and woke up 4 hours after.

Despite my crazy Friday night, I had an amazing dinner slash date with Erik at a restaurant at KC called Taste. We celebrated our 11-months celebration :') *I can't believe we've been dating for almost a year! Both of us dressed up and took a picture before we left. We had fried calamari, an appetizer with shitake-filled, lamb, and wine. Sooo goooodd!! As usual, I got white and he got red wine, haha. We had a good time and conversation, kind of catching up how our life was because both of us were super busy a week ago. After a yummy dinner, we went to Cheesecake Factory for a slice of heavenly cheesecake. I forgot what it's called, but it had Reese's peanut butter, Butterfinger, caramel, and of course... chocolate! Argg, it just melted in my mouth! And... I also got glass of red wine, haha. Silly me!

This is us before dinner.


And on Sunday, we went to church in the morning at KC since we had Theta Tau event at the house. It was a church where Erik used to go when he was a kid. We celebrated Palm Sunday at the church and the message was good. It reminded me how much God love me by Jesus death on the cross. And yes, His love isn't just for me, but for everyone! There's one part in the service called Peace. You did a handshake to other people and say: "Peace be with you!" Before that happened, we had a sin confession. And at that part, I could feel a peaceful feeling started fulfilling my soul and I could say that I have peace! I believe God has put it in my heart and remind me to not worry about tomorrow... because He has planned it for me.


Happy Palm Sunday!


Comments

Popular Posts