My summer... lately!
Oh WOW! It's been a long time ago since I posted something in this blog. I guess I have been busy with summer and life lately ;)
What's going on? There were 18 Indonesians who came to Lawrence this summer! Unfortunately, they are here just for two months and this week is their last week in Lawrence. Sad... However, I learned a lot from them. I learned their culture (since most of them are from different cities where I've never been to) and their personality. I have been helping them giving a ride and just being there, a listener, and a supporter for them while they were staying in Kansas. I try my best to make their two-months experience becomes a special one.
Then, I am also taking summer school. There are just two classes that I take, but still... it requires all of my time to get everything done and finish them successfully, meaning with good grades. I learned a lot, especially Western Civilization. That's because I thought it was going to be suck and tough one. It turned out to be an enjoyable one and many new things to learn, such as the history of the movie 300! ("Hi, Gerard Butler!" hahaha :D)
Last Friday, my friend got baptized before he go back to China and continue his study at Switzerland. It was a beautiful moment because he grew up from a family who is unbeliever and his spiritual journey has been inspiring me to keep trusting and believing Him. He showed us the picture he took from International House Party at Bear Trap Ranch and he said,
How great is our God!
What's going on? There were 18 Indonesians who came to Lawrence this summer! Unfortunately, they are here just for two months and this week is their last week in Lawrence. Sad... However, I learned a lot from them. I learned their culture (since most of them are from different cities where I've never been to) and their personality. I have been helping them giving a ride and just being there, a listener, and a supporter for them while they were staying in Kansas. I try my best to make their two-months experience becomes a special one.
Then, I am also taking summer school. There are just two classes that I take, but still... it requires all of my time to get everything done and finish them successfully, meaning with good grades. I learned a lot, especially Western Civilization. That's because I thought it was going to be suck and tough one. It turned out to be an enjoyable one and many new things to learn, such as the history of the movie 300! ("Hi, Gerard Butler!" hahaha :D)
Last Friday, my friend got baptized before he go back to China and continue his study at Switzerland. It was a beautiful moment because he grew up from a family who is unbeliever and his spiritual journey has been inspiring me to keep trusting and believing Him. He showed us the picture he took from International House Party at Bear Trap Ranch and he said,
"You can see a lake between these beautiful mountains here. At this place, I just realized how small I am and how big He is!"I had teary eyes when he said that and we sang "It is well with my soul". When my problems come, when I can't handle it, when life gets hard, it is well with my soul... because I have a bigger God than anything in the world! He is my friend, He is my father, and He is my Savior who gives me peace in my life. Yes, it is well... it is well with my soul! And at the back of his picture, he wrote a letter to God about how thankful he is saved and has peace in his life.
How great is our God!

Comments
Post a Comment
TADA!