Reflection...

Today is a Patriot Day, a day to remember those who died during 9/11 tragedy in NYC. Erik and I were at Dodge City to come to my host brother's wedding. We went to a church in the morning with the family of my host family and the church had a moment in remembering those who lost their family during the tragedy. Unfortunately, we could not stay longer there because we still have school and work on Monday, but we had a good time.

On the way back to Lawrence, there were some fire trucks stopped on the bridge and waved to everyone who passed the bridge. They had a big poster "Remember 9/11" and of course, some American flags. Then, starting from there, Erik and I talked about the meaning of the word "evil", the tragedy, holocaust, G-30S/PKI (the tragedy that happened in Indonesia), and Jesus. And I just started to reflect and make an assumption that... if people in this world know Jesus, there won't be tragedy and peace happens in this world. And Erik replied,"That's the point. Some people know about Him, but not know Him!" Then, I started to think about myself: Am I deeply knowing Him? Or just know about Him? Know that He exists, but not living in Him? What does it mean to be a Christian?

Then that reminds me with the movie "Beware of Christians". Erik and I watched this movie on Wednesday at the Union. Too bad we didn't stay longer for Q&A's session with the cast due to homework. This movie is about four Christian college students who try to leave America and find the true meaning of Christian life. They visited some countries in Europe and asked people what they think about Christianity and Christian people. They also talked about one point in Christian life for each country they visited. Erik and I agreed that it's a good movie. "Good" here means they have good points, which can be discussed deeper :) If you have an opportunity to see that movie, go for it! :)

Comments

Popular Posts