Halloween?
Happy Halloween weekend everyone!
This Halloween, I did not really prepare at all. Last year, I dressed up as "Agnes" in the movie "Despicable Me" and Erik was the fluffy unicorn. It turned out great and people loved Erik's costume. This year, we did not have time to think about our costumed due to our crazy schedule :p I was thinking to create a taco costume, but I could not find the material. Thus, I dressed up as Minnie Mouse and also as "Dora" the explorer. Erik was "Boots", Dora's monkey.
Our house hold a Halloween party on Saturday night. Two of my friends decorated the house from noon to 5ish and they went crazy! I mean... super crazy! They bought tons of Halloween decorations for the house. Then, one of them said, "I love Halloween! It's my favorite holiday!" And it made me think... what do you celebrate during Halloween?
In Indonesia, we (well, at least, me and my family) do not celebrate Halloween. My first Halloween was when I was an exchange student in high school and I was an Indonesian. And when I moved to the States, I just followed their culture celebrating Halloween. Therefore, for me, Halloween is just another day with pumpkin, dressing up, and candies.
Going back again to my question... what do you celebrate in Halloween?
My favorite holidays are Easter and Christmas. Why? Because it sounds like my name, i. e. Easter = Ester (without "a"), hahaha :D And my birthday is pretty close to Christmas so I got new dress each year when I was a kid. However, they are not the only reason. The main reason is that I am celebrating a new life that God gives me. A new life that is freely given to you! It is a celebration of God's love.
So... how about Halloween? I do not know... What I know in Halloween is scary things. One thing that I know is I hate scary movies and scary things in general. I got really frantic after watching scary movies. Erik and I went to church yesterday, but I was in Children ministry instead. Erik told me about this verse:
This Halloween, I did not really prepare at all. Last year, I dressed up as "Agnes" in the movie "Despicable Me" and Erik was the fluffy unicorn. It turned out great and people loved Erik's costume. This year, we did not have time to think about our costumed due to our crazy schedule :p I was thinking to create a taco costume, but I could not find the material. Thus, I dressed up as Minnie Mouse and also as "Dora" the explorer. Erik was "Boots", Dora's monkey.
Our house hold a Halloween party on Saturday night. Two of my friends decorated the house from noon to 5ish and they went crazy! I mean... super crazy! They bought tons of Halloween decorations for the house. Then, one of them said, "I love Halloween! It's my favorite holiday!" And it made me think... what do you celebrate during Halloween?
In Indonesia, we (well, at least, me and my family) do not celebrate Halloween. My first Halloween was when I was an exchange student in high school and I was an Indonesian. And when I moved to the States, I just followed their culture celebrating Halloween. Therefore, for me, Halloween is just another day with pumpkin, dressing up, and candies.
Going back again to my question... what do you celebrate in Halloween?
My favorite holidays are Easter and Christmas. Why? Because it sounds like my name, i. e. Easter = Ester (without "a"), hahaha :D And my birthday is pretty close to Christmas so I got new dress each year when I was a kid. However, they are not the only reason. The main reason is that I am celebrating a new life that God gives me. A new life that is freely given to you! It is a celebration of God's love.
So... how about Halloween? I do not know... What I know in Halloween is scary things. One thing that I know is I hate scary movies and scary things in general. I got really frantic after watching scary movies. Erik and I went to church yesterday, but I was in Children ministry instead. Erik told me about this verse:
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell (Matt 10:28).This verse is a good reminder that God is the one we need to be afraid of. Even though there are many evil spirits among us, He is the one who controls everything! Even demons recognize Him and afraid of Him. He is my God, my Father, and my best friend :)

Comments
Post a Comment
TADA!