1st Day of My Summer School!

Summer school is started!
My first class is an English class, "Introduction to Fiction". Most of you know that I don't like English class. When I found out I had to take English 200-level class, I freaked out and tried to take it during summer. That is because I know I wouldn't be survived until the end of semester if I'm taking it during academic year. I've done it before with my Engl 102 class and I got really bad grade. So, let's see if I'll survive or not for this class. Hopefully, yes! (I'm being optimistic now!)
I woke up really early in the morning and ate the burned cookies, that I made last night, with milk. The direction said that the cookies would be done by 15 mins, but I left it in the oven until I smelled something burned, haha :D Back to my morning story, I looked out the window and was not expecting for a dark, cloudy day! It looked like now it's night time instead of cheerful sunny morning.
So, I walked 15 mins before my class and it started hard sprinkling. Then, when I was done with class, it was raining really hard! That rain made me waiting for a while in Bailey Hall lobby and chatting with my teacher. Surprise, surprise! She graduated from Emporia State University for her master degree in English. And she knew some of my friends who go there because she taught English and French at ESU (FYI, her B.A. degree is in French).
A little bit about my teacher, she's a Romanian. When I introduced myself, she asked, "Armanto? Where are you from?" Then I replied, "I'm from Indonesia." People always guessed interesting heritage of mine. Some said Mexican, Hispanic, or Latino, and others said Filipino, China, and few asked if I was Italian. Hmm, my question is: d0es "Esterenia" and "Armanto" sound not Indonesian? What does it sound like for you? :p

P.S. Picture is taken from this website: http://www.stephaniepiro.com/

wkwkwkwkkwkwwkkw
ReplyDeletesound not Indonesian?? Maybe yes, They sound more Javanese =D =D