Easter driving


I have been asking myself and reflecting at the same time while I was driving. And my questions turn down to 3 topics: LIFE. HAPPINESS. FAITH.

Life.
What is the purpose in your life?
I had this question before for a long time because I could not find the right answer. I was wondering and I came out with the idea of happiness, yes I live in this world to make people that I loved happy. Then, my mind kept processing and I came out with the idea of "selfishness". I live just one time, so I want to be happy as well. But, I also want to go to heaven. Growing up as a Christian, I thought going to church every Sundays and had good deeds would made your way closer to heaven.

But, my perspective of life is wrong. This is after I finally met Jesus and followed (and is still following) Him as my God. I am here because He loves me, that is why He created me. Because He loves me so much, all my life is just to glorify His name in this world. Isn't it that simple? Yes, it is. But, the reality is not. I still live in this world, which means I still have my human nature, sin. I sin a lot and it makes God really sad. That is why He brought Jesus to the earth and let Him died on the cross to pay my sin.

Happiness.
What things that make you happy?
Me personally: music (jazz, musical, guitar, R 'n B), family, and friends. I am also happy when I have something accomplished! And when I reflect my life again, am I happy with what I am doing? With major I am taking right now? With my grade I have?

And when my folks and I talked about happiness, what we want is just enjoying life, not thinking about school, homework, exams, GPA, and future. But, are they really-really making your life happier?

Faith.
What do you believe?
I believe in God because He is real. If He is not real, I am not going to be created, I am not going to be saved, and chaos everywhere. If He is not real, there is no beautiful sky, green trees, and colorful flowers.

Some people think that religion is the same thing with faith. I am in between of this argument. Being religious does not mean that you have faith in your life. That's what I think. It is like: going to the church does not mean that you are real Christian. But if you have faith in Christ and practice, you are a real Christian! So, who am I? Can I just say that I love Jesus and I want to follow Him forever in my life? :)

My conclusion is: I am just thinking too much! Haha :D So, basically, this is what I am doing while I was driving: thinking and thinking and thinking, plus talking to myself. Haha :D

Comments

  1. ESTER! omgomgomgomgomg baru sadar dirimu ada blog setelah sekian lama :)
    will include u in my link-list pronto!

    how've you been, btw? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

TADA!

Popular Posts