San Diego trip

Hello!

Erik and I were in San Diego :) We enjoyed the sunny and beautiful, gorgeous day when our friends in Kansas almost got hit by a tornado :( Here is our trip so far...

Tuesday 5/24: We GOT HERE SAFELY! It was supposed to be a big storm coming up to Kansas City. Fortunately, it didn't hit us! Woo hoo! Except one thing happened :( I spilled coffee on Erik's pants on the airplane :( Poor, baby. When we got there, we got the best burrito at Lucha Libre restaurant. It was pretty tasty! Then, we hang out with the boys for the rest of the day.

Wed  5/25: There was a tornado touchdown in KC, pretty close to where Erik's parents lived. We were panic! Fortunately, it didn't hit his house. Ah, praise the Lord! We went to Costco in the morning. That was a quite experience, haha :D That was my second Costco experience in my life, haha :D At night, Erik and I had a date night at a restaurant, called World Famous. We got scallops for appetizer, flash fried tuna with jasmine rice (my entree), parpadelle pasta with a lot of fresh seafood, which we barely ate in Kansas :) and also Stella Artois, my favorite beer! Of course, the stellas were served with stella's glasses, so classy!

Thu 5/26: We went strawberry picking and twas so much fun! You could also eat strawberries while picking them up, hehe.

Fri 5/27: It was the hottest day of the week. We went to beach at La Jolla and we had a wonderful time there! Baby Dylan kept eating sand and Connor found a play-mate there. The rest of us just sun-bathed, and I tried to get more tan even though I have tan skin already. Haha! And that was my first time getting a sunburned :p We also went to the movie with Ethan and watched "Kungfu Panda 2". The movie was hilarious!

Sat 5/28: My aunt picked me up from Erik's sister's place. We went to Thai restaurant for lunch with Erik. They had an amazing food there! I don't mind go there again :) Then, it's time to say goodbye to my baby :( He would leave to go to Porterville and was going to teach at the Music Camp there. I stayed at my aunt's place and got ready to dive-in to Indonesian food again. In the afternoon, my aunt and I went to Indonesian Christian Fellowship service and celebrated those who graduated. And of course, we had Indonesian food there! It was so good!

Sun 5/29: We went to Rock church in the morning and the sermon was a blessing for me (and hopefully for the rest of us). It was about the dilemmas of following the Christ and the pastor reminded us how horrible Christ's disciples were killed for their faith. Then, we drove to LA for 2.5 hours to go to Hongkong Plaza and ate Indonesian food (again)! So good! I ate mushroom noodle with pork and chicken.

Mon 5/30: It was a Memorial Day, so we went to my uncle's graveyard. However, there was a big and horrible traffic jam on the way there. The cemetery was packed! Thus, we just went there, put the flowers, took pictures, and left. Phew! After that, we went to Valley View Casino because my aunt had a coupon of free lobster buffet. Oh, wow! The food was great and I was so full. There was this guy named Gustavo who tried to get my picture and got to know me by asking me and my aunt out to dinner. Phew, thank goodness we were still stuffed and about to leave the place.

Tue 5/31: I went to Balboa Park by myself. I had a reflection time and enjoyed the orchids at Botanical Garden :)

Wed 6/1: I left San Diego and back to Lawrence!

That was an amazing week at California and I am looking forward to going back again :)

Comments

Popular Posts