A lot of Things are Accomplished :)

Woozah! Been a while not writing this blog. And now, I come back!

It has been a roller-coster kinda life. I do not think I mentioned before what I have been doing after finishing college. I volunteer in the hospital and it is such a great experience that I have so far. But my favorite thing is that I get to see the work of nurses, doctors, and the hospital itself. Also, I get to meet a lot of people, which is fun!


So many people for such a small town!!!

What else? Oh yeah, I did another Color Run!!! But guess what? It was in Lawrence, Kansas, the town where I live!!!  I did it with bunch of girls from my Engineering Fraternity and it was super fun. We kept running and almost did not stop. We thought we finished it in more/less 30 minutes, which was quite a surprise for us, who had not been running for a while. Haha. I felt kind of funny because all of them are my sister's age and I am the oldest one. It is always fun to be the oldest and still have a young soul, right?? ;)

We started at 8th and New Hampshire Street. It was about 7-8 thousand people lining up and ready to run. When the whistle blew, we started running. Some people walked, so we had to find ways to run. You are not timed for this 5k, which is nice because you could walk, if you want to. In the first kilometer, the yellow post it was. The volunteers were on the each side of road (sometimes in the middle too) ready to squirt or throw us with yellow powder. They had plastic bottles that look like ketchup plastic bottles, were full with color powder. If they ran out of powder, they had some big jugs with full powder to refill, or just throw on us. There was a man who squirted the whole yellow powder on my head. It was so noticeable because my hair is dark. Haha.

Five of us! Look at the Color Party behind us!
So pretty! Photo by: NR 

The next station was orange. Some of the girls were rolling on the ground to get more color. So fun!! Then we reached half way of our run, which was 2.5 km, or according to Americans' measurement, 1.5 miles :) Since we ran through a neighborhood houses, there was a family with 2 little daughters and their puppies. The little kids hold these signs that encouraged us to run because it was half way more. They were so cute! I teared up a little. It was highlight of the run for me :') Then, we went through pink and blue stations before the finish line.

On the finish line, there was a stage and people got together ready to throw their color packet. When the MC finished counting, people throwed their color up in the sky. You can see how it is like from my last post here.

E did some videos of The Color Run and I share one of them :) This is the pink station where the volunteers sprayed color on the runners. You can see how they did it. If you are planning to run The Color Run, I suggest you should wear a sunglasses to protect your eyes and a bandana or something to cover your mouth :)




Our paperwork. So thick!!!
It is DONE!!! It is DONE!!! DONE!!!

That was what happened lately. And finally, E and I finished our immigration paperwork!!! Woo hoo!!! It was such a great relieve that we went to post office and sent it to the immigration office. I can not wait to do biometric test, interview for both of us in Kansas City, and start wedding reception's planning!!

I was fine doing and taking care of it until we went to super-detailed parts of this paperwork. It was honestly a brain-drain activity for us. We, then, decided to ask for a help from an immigration lawyer, who was super helpful for us, especially in showing us what should have done and not in the paperwork. Apparently, everything need to be in 8x11" paper due to their scanning process. See?! Like that thing, which is not written in their instructions.

Overall, it took us about 2-3 weeks to finish everything. Honestly, it would take a week, if we really focus on it. Since both of us are busy with school and work, we contributed little by little of our time to finish it. And talking to lawyer to check everything was really worth it! I really recommend it, if you have to deal with some kinds of immigration issue.

I might write a post about how our paperwork was sent and stuff, but I don't promise. Haha :D

Both of us! How cute ;) Haha.
I did this color on purpose, so that
you can not see our address. Haha.

Comments

Popular Posts